Wednesday, April 26, 2017

ESSAY PRACTICE

Describe a place, conveying feeling through concrete and specific detail.

     Everyone has their own sanctuary. For most people a place that has meaning to them is mostly due to some memories or maybe just the environment. For me a place that has meaning to me is the trails and places that I have ran at. I have always appreciated the nature of the world and those places always trigger emotions from me. 
      When I wake up on a Sunday morning I step outside to the crisp morning air and just enjoy it. I put my running shoes on and grab some earbuds and I'm ready to go. I quickly find a trail that leads into areas surrounded with trees. Nothing but the joy of running in the refreshing morning surrounded by the very thing that provides oxygen. The texture under my feet changing since some trails go more off road. The loose sand kicking from my feet as I trudge through it trying my best to maintain pace. The elevation going up and down as I go up and down hills. The jog up hills is always slow and peaceful as I don't want to tire myself. Going downhill is another story as I just let myself go and feel the wind against my face as I pick up speed naturally. Places like these are essential for a great run
       On most Saturday mornings the ambiance to run is perfect. You start running and you see the life around you. Someone walking their dog or 2 people power walking and laughing. You are all on the same mission, to get distracted by the beauty of nature around you. The weather is perfect as well. The mornings are met with a chilly air but the sun is still shining on you. The air isn't hot enough to be suffocating but instead each breath feels like cold air entering and powering your lungs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment