Sunday, March 5, 2017

CAN WE WATCH THE MOVIE?

First I have to point out that I am surprised I had not seen the Great Gatsby movie. The old one or the new one. I like that we are watching the old one because it is closer to the real time the book was written in. Often movies are really different from the books so it is also a good thing we read the book before watching the movie. It sucks even knowing who the actors are that play them in the movie because when you are reading the book, now you have a mental image of the actor (at least for me) and not of what your mind thought when the author described them. The first shots of the movie show Gatsby's huge but empty house. It is really mysterious and for people knowing nothing of the book it is perfect to set them up for the mystery. We then see Nick crossing the sea in a boat chasing his hat. There are other much bigger boats in the sea so we get to see are introduced to the snobby rich folk of East Egg. I will have to see more of the movie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment