Monday, October 3, 2016

Vocab #5

Venomous-  full of or containing venom
I like to stay away from snakes because they are venomous.

Stolid- not easily stirred or moved emotionally
To be the best torturer he has to be very stolid.

hypnotized- to influence or control
She had me hypnotized with her belly dancing.

suspended- to hang by attachment to something above
I was suspended only by rope while i climbed the redwoood tree.

transformed- to change in form or appearance.
I did not know it bu i had transformed into a young man after my beard grew.

accuse- to charge with fault or offense
I accused my teacher of always picking on me when a math problem comes up.

anticipate-  to realize beforehand
Dogs anticipate everything like earthquakes I swear.

fringe -a decorative border of thread or cord
The decorative fringe made me have respect for the artist.

melancholy- a gloomy state of mind
On some days the melancholy of life just hits you.

earnestly- serious in intention
Doctors have to be very earnest with their words.

dissolve- to undo or break up
The sugar just dissolved into my coffee as soon as I poured it in.

aggravate- to make worse or more severe
Never aggravate a needy 2 year old child as they will make you hate your life.

illuminate- to brighten with light
In rural parts the stars illuminate the night.

capillary- resembling a strand of hair.
The small tubes looked like capillaries because of their width.

proboscis- any long flexible snout
The proboscis on the mosquito was disgusting and made me hate it it more.


No comments:

Post a Comment