Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Vocabulary #6

meme: an element of a culture that is considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means
 All these crazy ideas must have been memes from the last generation.

virus:a code often planted illegally in a computer program, often to damage or shut down a system
Every laptop that I have ever owned was infected by a virus.

viral: involving the spreading of information and opinions about a product especially on the internet
My embarrassing video where i fell went viral.

blog: a website containing the author's log or opinions
I could not believe I have been doing a blog for over a year now.

wiki: a website that allows interaction with the users to edit and revise
I can only see that madness if some people turned their blogs to wikis.

URL: an address that defines a particular file on the internet
My URL is personalized so people can find me easier

website: a connected group of pages on the World Wide Web regarded as a single entity
My websie was doing good but i noticed there was some glitches.

www: a network of interlinked documents, World Wide Web
The world Wide Web seems so futuristic when you think about its many uses

internet: a vast computer network linking smaller computer networks
The internet is so practical nowadays and can only be seen as a great tool.

2.0: a more advanced and interactive system
Our blogs were 2.0 in the sense that we can interact with each other

open source: meaning a software which its original source code is open to the public
Maybe one day I can make an open source very useful to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment